Diversity and Empathy
Marc Levitt has a program of stories and workshops based on his Rowman & Littlefield books, Changing Curriculum Through Stories and A Holistic Approach For Cultural Change to help students understand that the real victims of bullying, teasing, prejudice and bystander behavior are themselves.
With his collection of memoirs and folktales, Mr. Levitt leads young people to an intrinsically based understanding that diversity celebration and empathy strengthens us all.
Some topics covered are:
- The value of diversity
- The long-term effects of isolating and gossiping
- The blinders of stereotyping
- One person’s problem is everyone’s problem
- When fear creates more fear
- How to be comfortable in your own skin
- Girl/Boy relationships and the power and pleasure of cooperation